A lot of computers that we see are often infected by some sort of virus, malware or potentially unwanted software. A long time ago, it was easy to tell if you were infected, you would get various screens and popups telling you your computer was infected, and they would ask for a lot of money for them to “remove” themselves. However, just lately a lot of infections go unnoticed until it is too late and often cause a lot of damage.
What are the signs of a virus?
A few signs that you are infected are:
- Your computer is running slow
- Your homepage on your browser has changed on its own
- You try and visit a certain website but taken to something completely different
- Toolbars start appearing in your web browser
- You get a lot of advertising popups while browsing your favourite websites
- You notice new programs have been installed even though you haven’t installed them
- Your computer sometimes freezes and the mouse appears to stick
While you may have an antivirus package in place, some are a lot better at stopping and detecting infections than others. So if you are experiencing any of the above issues, it is important that you get your computer checked out immediately before any more damage is caused.
Our virus removal procedure uses the latest industry best practices and we will only recommend a reinstall as a last resort (where the operating system has been badly damaged), unlike some of our competitors. We also sell a range of antivirus solutions, ranging from a fully licensed version of Bitdefender to our own Managed Antivirus (MAV) solution.
If you want us to take a look at your computer, give us a call on 01543 889 444 or fill in the form below and we’ll email you back.Share this post: